Plumbing and Renewables Technicians plan, select, install, service, commission and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems.
Plumbing and Renewables technicians can find themselves working inside or outside a property. Customer service skills and being tidy and respectful are important qualities as they can often find themselves working in customers’ homes as well as on building sites.
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 3 years). Training on specific renewables technologies may be offered through block release.
- Approximately 5 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating
End Point Assessment:
- Multiple choice test
- Design project
- Practical installation and application test
- Professional discussion, based on a log book completed during the end point assessment period