The IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship contains two pathways: IT Hardware Solutions and IT Software Solutions.
IT Hardware Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of the infrastructure aspects of solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile).
IT Software Solutions Technicians undertake activities in the area of applications and supporting components such as databases.
• 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
• Work-based training with your employer
• Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 1 year)
• Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
• Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
• BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Computing
End Point Assessment:
• Work based project
• Portfolio based interview
• Project presentation