A Team leader or supervisor is a first line management role, with operational and project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
• 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
• Work-based training with your employer
• 10 days college attendance to complete Team Leading Principles course
• Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
• Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
End Point Assessment:
• Knowledge test
• Portfolio of evidence
• Competency based interview
• Professional discussion, relating to CPD activity