HR Professionals in this role are typically either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation.
Their work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk. In a larger organisation they may also have responsibility for managing a small team – this aspect is outside the scope of this apprenticeship and will need to be covered separately by the employer.
• 13 months practical training period, plus 6 months for End Point Assessment
• Work-based training with your employer
• Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week)
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
• Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
• CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Human Resources Practice
End Point Assessment:
• Consultative project
• Professional discussion